Michael and Charlie Kalish, founders of Food Safety Guides, have created a business around making HACCP plan development easy, collaborative and affordable. In this two-day workshop, they will provide you with the tools and guidance you need to build a plan on your own.
WED, FEB 25, 2015
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
• HACCP principles
• HACCP development strategy
• HACCP development tools
• Organizational and flow charts
• Product descriptions and supplier quality assessment
• Maintenance, repair & pest control
• Prerequisite program overview
• Facility diagram, MSS & SSOPs
THURS, FEB 26, 2015
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
• Monitoring documents & record-keeping practices
• Hazard analysis tips & strategies
• Critical control point (CCP) determination
• Training program development
• Verification (auditing & self-inspection)
• Validation (pathogen environmental monitoring and product testing)
• Traceability & recall program development
Location: Food Craft Institute Classroom, Oakland, CA
$325 covers both days of the course, materials, lunch and refreshments.
*Discounts available for multiples employees attending from one company. Please email us for further information.
Michael Kalish received his formal training in dairy and meat processing in Piedmont, Italy at l’istituto lattiero caseario e delle tecnologie agroalimentari from 2008-2010. From 2011 to 2012, Michael managed operations for food manufacturers and wholesalers in France and New York City. In 2012, Michael received HACCP Training Certification at the Food Safety Summit Conference in Washington DC. Michael has educated and consulted businesses and associations across the USA, Canada and Australia.
Charlie Kalish specializes in quality assurance program development, compliance assessments, HACCP and training food industry professionals on how to use cloud technologies to optimize work flow. Prior to starting Food Safety Guides, he received his training in QA and HACCP through working in manufacturing and the Center for Food Safety & Regulatory Solutions’ Advanced HACCP Workshop. Charlie has educated and consulted businesses and associations across the USA and Australia.