FUNDRAISING & PITCHING
This two-day course expands attendees’ knowledge of financing and capitalization options for small food businesses, leaving entrepreneurs with a guidebook for financing their food business, as well as the tools to tell their story to potential investors.
Typical course times:
Day 1, 9am – 4pm
Day 2, 9am – 1pm
Followed by optional one-to-one instructor consultation (at additional cost)
Day One: Funding
– Financing basics: capital needs, types of funding, debt vs. equity
– Funding sources: banks, angels, VCs, private equity, crowdfunding, etc.
– Crowdfunding 101: picking a platform & selecting a strategy
– Success stories “from the front lines”
Day Two: Pitching
– Pitching 101: pitch process, sources & uses, the funding cycle
– Pitch prep: telling a great story
– Pitch tips: delivering your promise
“I took part in the FCI Fundraising and Pitching Module while in the thick of fundraising for my business. It was an excellent overview of different funding sources that helped us hone our strategy, but most importantly it gave me a huge confidence boost when it came to shepherding potential investors through the fundraising process and sharing my vision for the business with larger audiences.” – Sam Gilbert, Temescal Brewing